Full Legal Name
* Full Legal Name
Social Media Accounts (if any)
1. Do you have any experience with meditation, yoga or any other movement practice and if so, what. Keep in mind, no experience is required.
2. Do you play any musical instruments and if so, which ones and if not, would you be open to learning?
3. Do you paint or write stories/poetry and if not, would you be open to trying it?
4. Would you call yourself a critical thinker with good discernment and if not, would you be open to becoming more like that?
5. Are you wanting to be DMT certified or simply wanting to learn more about the principles behind DMT?
6. Would you say that you are able to skillfully or unskillfully express your honest opinion on a matter?
7. What is the difference between a Debate and an Argument?
8. Are you comfortable with being challenged to think critically and develop your discernment which may involve being challenged on pre-existing ideas?
9. In short, do you have conceptual sensitivities (political, religious, philosophical) and if so, what?
10. Do you have dietary sensitivities? If so, what?
11. Part of the Immersion and Training weekend may involve a sauna (modest clothing worn). You will never be asked to bear heat or any kind of physical pressure beyond your comfort and are encouraged to objecting to participation if you are not comfortable. Is that ok with you?
12. Are you able to commit to working to get along with the members of the weekend and to make the weekend about learning the content and technique? Everyone is coming together to learn, analyze, sweat, move and find insight and inspiration and we need you as a proactive, thoughtful presence helping us create a highly conducive atmosphere for those experiences to be had. Is there anything that would prevent you from that?
13. DMT practices mutual respect. If you are found to have been disrespectful physically with another person present, or have verbally assaulted someone present, you would be escorted out immediately without refund.
14. DMT is an advocate of conservative physical touch, meaning, we do not assume someone we do not know wants a hug and thus practice giving one another physical space. Hand shakes, a gentle bow, a friendly hello and the consideration that perhaps this person is not wanting a hug are most welcomed and appreciated at DMT experiences. Are you good with all of this?
15. DMT facilitators will be expected to never make claims they cannot substantiate while facilitating a DMT practice or in marketing and promoting one and you could lose your certification if you were found to be doing that.
16. In one sentence, what is dance?
17. In one sentence, what is meditation?
18. In one sentence, what is technique?
20. MP does read each one of these and I wrote all of them in both the third and first person. What are your thoughts about this application process?
21. Would you say you are the type of person who is able to voice disappointment, frustration and otherwise uncomfortable feelings with grace and ease?
22. Are you able to commit to working to get along with the members of the 1.0 Training and or Immersion Week and to make the week about learning the content and technique? Everyone is coming together to learn, analyze, sweat, move and find insight and inspiration and we need you as a proactive, thoughtful presence helping us create a highly conducive atmosphere for those experiences to be had.
23. Have you ever been convincted of a felony? If so, what?
24. This practice and these trainings should be done sober and if you are under the influence of prescriptions from a doctor, you need to make sure your doctor approves of you attending this training and these experiences.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: 1. On Going Financial Obligations: There are no ongoing financial obligations. What you make at your DMT classes is yours. Any trainings or immersion weekends beyond the 1.0 that you sign up for are at an extra cost and not included in the $1,008.00 (one thousand and eight dollar 1.0 weekend.) Private hourly sessions with Michael Patrick Peters may be available and if they are then they would be at a rate of $108.00 dollars per 90 minutes. Pricing of private hourly sessions with Michael are subject to change. b. Any additional trainings beyond the 1.0 are at an additional cost and are optional. 2. DMT is a business and our business is helping people discover how epic they are through movement, sound, music and mental focus. You will be taught a basic, crash course weekend version of how you can provide the service DMT provides to your community. DMT is not mystical, it is bio-mechanical and it is a technique that helps individuals consistently release physical, emotional and mental tensions, temporarily. 3. Making false, misleading or unsubstantiated claims about DMT, you (as a DMT facilitator) or at and during DMT can result in you losing your certification. 4. If DMT determines that you have verbally or physically been disrespectful to someone at a DMT class you could lose your certification. 5. DMT retains the right to remove any certification if DMT feels that facilitator is harming the brand and thus those who have invested in it. 6. There is no promise or guarantee that you will be able to understand or successfully faciltiate DMT after the 1.0 weekend and or any amount of training weekends, immersion weeks, private coaching or classes. It is likely you will not successfully understand or teach the DMT after such a short weekend. 7. If you do not have access to a sound system of your own or a studio that has a sound system, in order to successfully teach the DMT you will need to acquire one and that may be an additional expense. 8. The DMT 1.0 certification means you can teach up to 30 people per experience. b. The 1.0 certification does not allow you to teach to groups larger than that or groups at festivals. i. The reason for the festival clause is because festivals are much, much harder to teach DMT at as we have found out. Exceptions to this agreement can and will be made by me as I see fit on an individual basis. I am making no promise that you will be the exception. c. DMT retains the right to remove your certification if it is discovered you are breaking this and or other agreements, on going obligations and or being abusive to your students. d. DMT retains the right to remove any certification at anytime if DMT deems it will protect the other DMT facilitators and the DMT brand. 9. Being certified in DMT doesn’t mean DMT will recommend you or your classes via DMT’s website or other materials. Being recommended by DMT may require additional trainings and it may not and that is up to DMT. 10. The non-compete agreement is that you will not take DMT’s unique materials and re-brand or re-name them and attempt to claim them as your own. You would be held personally accountable for losses and or damages incurred by Imagine Do, Dance Meditation Technique and Michael Patrick Peters in the event we had to act to stop such activity. d. It is clearly hoped you will be putting on DMT classes, so the non-compete does not apply to you putting on DMT classes, it specifically applies to any efforts or attempts at stealing our unique class and or training content and attempting to re-format it and offering these experiences outside of the terms of this agreement. 11. The marketing obligations are as follows in all marketing be it online or print: a. The class is always referred to as “Dance Meditation Technique” b. The URL is always present and legible “www.dancemt.com" c. Only approved copy is to be used describing DMT. Your unique ideas for how to communicate via marketing are most welcomed and DMT does not want a situation where people are making false claims such as and not limited to ‘will make you free’ or ‘have your energy field cleared at DMT’ etc. Please email marketing copy and images to DMT for approval if you are using anything outside of materials DMT has given you in the 1.0 weekend. 12. Organizing groups of people into any kind of activity is a timely process that requires not only patience but a love for doing such things. 13. Privacy and Security: a. Dance Meditation Technique takes the privacy and security of our trainees and their personal information very seriously. We will use the personal information you provide to us to: store your application, process your payment for the training course, and keep in touch via email, but you may stop receiving these at any time by contacting us. We will not give your personal data to any third party short of having to via court of government order. 9. Refunds a. After submitting payment for the training, there are no refunds once 72hrs has past or if the training weekend is closer than 7 days away. If you are unable to attend the training you signed up for, you may attend another occurrence of the training you signed up for. 14. Respect: a. Materials that are part of any training, workshop or retreat including but not limited to the Dance Meditation Technique training manual, the general layout of the Dance Meditation Technique Website, logos, trademarks and web pages content are the property of Dance Meditation Technique. Using this information with third parties or for financial gain without full permission of Dance Meditation Technique is prohibited. 15. Any conflict between you and DMT due to failures on your end or ours to abide to the terms and conditions that requires court action would happen in Oakland County, MI. 16. Facilitating the DMT is a big responsibility to yourself, to your students and to DMT and you could be personally liable if you break these agreements and cause DMT and or DMT facilitators and students damages and losses. 17. You agree to carry liability insurance if you are to teach the DMT or to teach it under a venue wherein you are covered by their liability insurance. Failure to do so could result in losing your certification. UPON TYPING “YES I UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREE TO ABIDE TO THEM” IN THE BOX BELOW AND OR CLICKING THE BUTTON “I AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS” YOU FULLY AND VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO SAID TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BOTH READ AND FULLY COMPREHEND THE NATURE AND THE CONSEQUENCES OF THE AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.***